Quick Comparison Table
How to Select the Best Wood Router Table Fence?
If you’re a woodworker who does more than just chamfer and round edges, a wood router table fence is a must. In fact, if you dabble in regular woodworking projects, it will become an essential part of the process.
In our buying guide, we review the top five wood router table fences on Amazon. Each of these models and brands, from various manufacturers, are designed to make your job run so much more smoothly.
However, not all table fences for wood router machines are created equally. Some feature top-of-the-line components, whereas others are basic models for low prices.
Make a comparison between the price tag and the feature list to discover which is the best wood router table fence for the money.
Wood router table fences are suitable for use with portable, handheld electric wood router tools fixed into a wood routing table.
They sit perpendicular to the table, locked in place, and can help you undertake your project with far more accuracy.
If you are using a bit without a bearing, it’s helpful to use a fence. Without a bearing, you aren’t able to control the depth of a cut. A fence can help you do that.
Using a wood router table fence can help make your routing task a whole lot safer. However, using woodworking tools is still quite dangerous, and as such, your wood router will come with a safety guide to help you undertake the task as safely as possible.
We’ve also included helpful tips below:
- Always use a push block to move wood into the bit.
- Only use large diameter bits in a router table. You can quickly lose control if bits are over one inch in diameter.
- Always wear hearing and eye protection when operating a wood router machine.
- If you’re experiencing kickback, move the fence closer to the bit and take lighter cuts.
- Always use a featherboard to support the workpiece against the router table fence.
- Always use a guard with your fence.
- Never start the router while it’s in contact with your workpiece.
- Never overload the router or force the bit.
- Ensure you secure the motor in the base before starting the router.
A wood router table fence needs to be correctly formed to get the most accuracy out of it. A good fence should be easy to adjust, it should lock perpendicular to the table, and most importantly, it should be straight and rigid. For even better efficiency, it’s also helpful if the fence offers an excellent chip removal system.
Many woodworkers who are exceptionally talented can make their own woodworking fence. However, those who choose to purchase them can benefit from a range of technologically advanced features.
Some router table fences are micro-adjustable up to ¼-inch in size, while others have fence halves that automatically line up parallel to each other when secured in place.
Higher end models also have variable throat capabilities for larger router bits, as well as upper vertical sections with handy T-slots.
As not all fences are created equal, it’s helpful to make comparisons between all models and brands to ensure you’re getting the best deal on the market.
Maintenance for a wood router table fence is relatively easy. However, if you don’t undertake it regularly, it can affect the effectiveness of the fence.
You should always:
- Smooth out warped or damaged edges, or replace them.
- Check the rail fasteners.
- Grease the rail fasteners.
- Wipe down the fasteners and fence with a damp cloth to remove wood debris and dust.
The cost of a top-rated wood router table fence for novices or professionals is very reasonable. You can expect the price to be between $84 and $239.
Top 5 Wood Router Table Fence Reviews
Pros & Cons
- It offers micro-adjustable offset capabilities to offset your workpiece to any amount up to ¼-inch.
- The two fence halves automatically line up parallel to each other when you tighten them in place.
- It has a dust collection port which fits a 2 ¼-inch and 2 ½-inch hose.
- It offers variable throat capabilities to handle router bits up to four inches in diameter.
- It’s durable.
- It’s well built.
- It’s suitable for routing and shaping.
- It can be considered quite costly.
- Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools Wood Router Table Fence.
- Weight: 18 pounds.
- Dimensions: 39.5 x 5 x 5 inches,
- Router Bit Capacity: 4 inches in diameter.
QDoes it work with JessEm clear cut stock guides? AYes, but you have to remove the sub-fence.
If you’re tired of substandard equipment in your workshop, this Woodpeckers wood router table fence bucks the trend.
It’s built to last, is solidly constructed, and features everything you need for high-quality routing and shaping.
While it’s more expensive than several other table fences on the market, it’s well worth the cost and has made several woodworkers very happy.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools SF-36SINGLE wood router table fence reviews.
Bench Dog 40-132
Pros & Cons
- It’s very affordable.
- It’s basic, so it’s perfect for beginners and novices.
- It’s made of anodized aluminum for strength.
- It’s precision-machined flat and square.
- Installation with the tool-free system and large T-knobs is convenient.
- It’s suitable for both large and small bits.
- It has universal T-tracks on the front and back.
- The MDF bench faces can warp.
- Bench Dog Tools Wood Router Table Fence.
- Weight: 9.1 pounds.
- Dimensions: 33 x 5 x 4 inches.
- Router Bit Capacity: ¼-inch T-bolts, 5/16-inch hex-bolts, and ¼-inch hex bolts.
QCan the fence sides move independently of each other? AYes.
QWhat mounting hardware does it come with? ATwo bolts to slide into the slots.
If you require a simple, easy-to-use fence for your workshop, this Bench Dog Tools wood router table fence ticks all the boxes. It’s easy to install with no tools required, and it’s entirely accurate for your peace of mind.
The best part is, this precision-machined fence is for sale at a very competitive price, meaning you do get a lot of bang for your buck. It’s clear to see this is one of the best wood router table fences for the money.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Bench Dog 40-132 wood router table fence reviews.
Peachtree Woodworking PW3318
Pros & Cons
- It’s very affordable.
- It has a built-in T-track.
- It accommodates large bits.
- It has a dust port.
- The adjustment knobs enable you to move the fence forward and backward with ease.
- It’s made from solid aluminum for added strength.
- You can choose from 24 or 32 inches in length.
- It has a unique shim system.
- It’s not as universal as other fences on the market.
- Peachtree Woodworking Wood Router Table Fence.
- Dimensions: 28 x 6 x 5 inches.
- Router Bit Capacity: 3 ½ inches in diameter.
QWhat tables will this fence fit? AAny table with a T-track that accepts ¼-inch hex heads.
QWhat material are the fence pieces? AMDF.
If your table accepts ¼-inch hex heads, there’s every possibility this Peachtree wood router table fence is the very thing your workshop needs.
It’s solid, reliable, takes no time at all to install, and accommodates both large and small bits. It’s also made of aluminum and MDF that’s true and exact for the perfect project finish every time.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Peachtree Woodworking PW3318 wood router table fence reviews.
Pros & Cons
- It’s helpful at preventing measure or cut errors.
- It’s made of aircraft grade aluminum.
- It enables you to cut boards to correct lengths.
- It offers an adjustable stop position for reliable results.
- It has a precision lens cursor for faster and more accurate positioning.
- It has a production stop and swing function.
- It’s easy to align and mount.
- It’s very overpriced.
- The flip stop is loose.
- The short length of the rails makes it more difficult to glide smoothly.
- Kreg Wood Router Table Fence.
- Weight: 6.7 pounds.
- Dimensions: 33 x 9 x 3 inches.
QAre the measurements in metric? ABy default, they are in imperial, but you can opt for metric.
QHow are the tracks locked together? AThey are butted together and screwed to the wood.
While there’s no denying this system is very efficient as a fence system, it does require a lot of fiddling.
Unlike several other fence systems for sale, there are a lot of installation instructions, and plenty of construction to be done before you can use it effectively. For the price in comparison to the amount of labor required, it’s not good buying.
However, all components are well made, and if you don’t mind spending a little time on perfecting the setup, there’s no reason why you won’t be pleased with what’s on offer.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Kreg KMS8000 wood router table fence reviews.
Pros & Cons
- It’s made of heavy-duty aluminum.
- The fence faces are fully adjustable, with quick-lock knobs as well.
- It has built-in scales.
- The fence tracks are side-mounted.
- You can make adjustments to the fence without any tools.
- It offers 1/32-inch and 1/16-inch shimming/offset bars as standard.
- It’s built to last.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It’s very costly.
- The instruction manual isn’t well written.
- JessEm Wood Router Table Fence.
- Weight: 16.44 pounds.
- Dimensions: 39 x 7 x 7 inches.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty.
QHow big is the dust collection port? A2 ¼-inches.
QWhat are the preset offsets? A1/32-inch and 1/16-inch.
If you don’t mind paying a little more for quality, this JessEm table fence will fit right into your woodworking environment.
It has glowing reviews, you can get the best deal online, and it’s suitable for both beginners and professionals.
The JessEm wood router table fence is easy to put together, even with terrible instructions and is built to last. For your peace of mind, you can also enjoy a 1-year warranty.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read JessEm 4010 wood router table fence reviews.
Where to Buy Wood Router Table Fences?
When you’re looking for the best wood router table fence for the money, it’s easy to believe you can find the best deal at your local hardware store.
However, by merely broadening your horizons and looking on online buying platforms such as Amazon, you’re more than likely going to find a range of woodworking tools, including table fences, which are both affordable and well made. There are several different brands, models, and manufacturers from which to choose.
Leading Wood Router Table Fence Brands and Manufacturers
- Bench Dog Tools